A daughter of coalminer and a farmer, Dr. Jerry Sue Thorton, president of Cuyahoga Community College, is scheduled to retire on June 30, 2013 after 21 years.
Meet Dr. Alvetta Peterman Thomas, the president of Atlanta Technical College, and a veteran of education with over 20 years of experience in secondary and post-secondary education.0 comments
Community College News: Who is Joining? Who is Retiring? 0 comments
College students have saved students $5.5 million to date, including $2.8 million this academic year alone because of access to the Open Course Library, which gives students access to low-cost or free textbooks online, according to a new study by the Student Public Interest Research Groups (Student PIRGs). This analysis came on April 30, as the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges announced the completion of the Open Course Library (OCL), promising to save Washington college students money. 0 comments
Although students enjoy the flexibility of online learning, most students value a more intimate connection with teachers and students in traditional classrooms, according to new leg of the study by from the Community College Research Center at Columbia University’s Teachers College. 0 comments
16 May 2013
The rate at which Latino high school graduates enrolled in college reached a record high in 2012, and it exceeded that of Whites for the first time, a new Pew Research Center analysis has revealed.
16 May 2013
AUBURN | The Cayuga Community College Board of Trustees and Faculty Association finally reached an agreement this week on cost-cutting measures to help close a budget deficit, but not without concessions from both sides.
- Skilled community college grads landing jobs in the region
- Rutgers, Mercer County Community College Partner to Offer Bachelor’s Degree-Completion Programs on West Windsor Campus
- Community College of Allegheny County’s president leaving
- Roxbury Community College to name new president by June
- UW will automatically admit associates degree-holders from state community colleges
- State study finds Blue Ridge Community College to be a high-performer - 61,457 views
- JPMorgan Unit No Longer Faces Peralta College Bond Suit - 17,889 views
- Community College Budget Cuts Create Problems for Students’ Commute - 12,640 views
- Community Colleges; “Cultivating A Global Workforce” - 11,004 views