Community colleges are looking at addressing the achievement gaps of the men of color they enroll with broad, data-backed approaches to helping all students succeed and complete their academic programs.
Alamance County commissioners this morning unanimously approved plans to fund a $15 million training facility at Alamance Community College aimed at helping to close the skills gap between employers and prospective workers.0 comments
In an effort to enhance the Obama administration’s My Brother’s Keeper Initiative, a group of minority male-focused academic research centers issued a joint statement in early June asking the White House to consider intervention programs that have been effective in social science research.0 comments
Kari Frisch is well aware of the fact that online courses suffer from high rates of attrition and are sometimes held in low regard.0 comments
If colleges and universities are going to leave race-based affirmative action cases up to the states during the admission process based on the Supreme Court Decision last Tuesday, then the minorities already enrolled in post-secondary education need services and support to successfully matriculate now more than ever.0 comments
28 Oct 2014
Every year, thousands of adults, some high school graduates, apply to a community college. But first they have to take tests that assess their English and math skills. Nationwide, 60 percent fail at least one of the tests, according to the Community College Research Center.
28 Oct 2014
MAXWELL AIR FORCE BASE – The Community College of the Air Force's October class broke records when 13,042 graduates earned their associate of applied science degree.
- GRCC to offer faculty, staff buyouts; savings estimated at $5 million over next decade
- Chattanooga State Community College faculty delivers blow to Catanzaro (+Video)
- To Improve College Access and Affordability, CAP Proposes Federal-State Action to Reverse the Decline in State Support for Higher Education
- An eye on the prize – Colleges in Akron metro area may win $1 million award for retention and graduation
- CCSF trial begins as State Chancellor testifies college does not deserve termination
- State study finds Blue Ridge Community College to be a high-performer - 89,601 views
- Guest column: Grand Rapids Community College has done a lot to control its costs - 51,559 views
- Hanson ready to lead Louisiana Delta Community College - 38,257 views
- Community college boards lose power, stature as system changes - 35,549 views