Dr. Jerry Sue Thornton, the president emeritus of Cuyahoga Community College, was the third recipient of the Diverse Champions award presented at the American Association of Community Colleges conference taking place this week in Washington, D.C.
Fundraising — a long-standing activity at four-year institutions — is becoming a necessity, rather than an option, for community colleges struggling to continue the mission. 0 comments
SAN FRANCISCO – Following the system leadership panel discussion earlier this month at the American Association of State Colleges and Universities’ (AASCU) Higher Education Government Relations Conference, California Community Colleges Chancellor Dr. Brice W. Harris talked to Diverse about the population growth of first-generation college students and the diversity concerns of underrepresented groups. The California system, the largest higher education system in the nation, is comprised of 112 campuses and serves 2.4 million students. 0 comments
The country’s low-cost sub-baccalaureate system—created a century ago to provide an open and affordable entry into higher education to an ever more diverse group of Americans—now enrolls 45 percent of all U.S. undergraduates, many of them part-time students. But only a fraction ever earn a degree, and hardly anyone does it quickly.0 comments
Bit by bit, sequestration is making its impact: veterans are losing tuition reimbursements; public schools on American Indian reservations are trimming faculty and staff.0 comments
15 Apr 2014
Seven years after it was launched in the Technical Innovation Center at Hagerstown Community College, Jay Wolfe’s engineering manufacturing company looked like it was on a fast track to success.
15 Apr 2014
Police arrested a 35-year-old man at the Portland Community College Sylvania Campus on domestic violence charges Tuesday morning.
- Chemeketa Community College President sole candidate for Shoreline job
- Whatcom Community College exemplifies community-based higher education
- Community college completion rate falls during recession
- Statewide smoking ban for public universities and community colleges passes Illinois House
- Are University Early Admissions Crowding out Qualified Students Applying Later?
- State study finds Blue Ridge Community College to be a high-performer - 86,217 views
- Guest column: Grand Rapids Community College has done a lot to control its costs - 51,274 views
- Hanson ready to lead Louisiana Delta Community College - 38,024 views
- Community college boards lose power, stature as system changes - 34,962 views