Fundraising — a long-standing activity at four-year institutions — is becoming a necessity, rather than an option, for community colleges struggling to continue the mission.
SAN FRANCISCO – Following the system leadership panel discussion earlier this month at the American Association of State Colleges and Universities’ (AASCU) Higher Education Government Relations Conference, California Community Colleges Chancellor Dr. Brice W. Harris talked to Diverse about the population growth of first-generation college students and the diversity concerns of underrepresented groups. The California system, the largest higher education system in the nation, is comprised of 112 campuses and serves 2.4 million students. 0 comments
The country’s low-cost sub-baccalaureate system—created a century ago to provide an open and affordable entry into higher education to an ever more diverse group of Americans—now enrolls 45 percent of all U.S. undergraduates, many of them part-time students. But only a fraction ever earn a degree, and hardly anyone does it quickly.0 comments
Bit by bit, sequestration is making its impact: veterans are losing tuition reimbursements; public schools on American Indian reservations are trimming faculty and staff.0 comments
As the war in Afghanistan winds down, thousands of servicemen and women will return home to a country that is still in the early stages of economic recovery. Helping these warriors transition to civilian life needs to be our number one priority.0 comments
07 Mar 2014
ANAHEIM, Calif. ― About 1,500 attendees representing community colleges nationwide and administrators from abroad at the 16th annual League Innovations 2014 conference are tackling issues on their campuses that range from diversity and inclusion to resource development and sustainability.
06 Mar 2014
For Cayuga and Oswego County high school students who graduate in the top 20 percent of their class, Cayuga Community College is offering full-tuition scholarships.
- New Alvin Community College president could start in May
- Housatonic Community College president to retire
- Santa Fe Community College Board settles with ex-president for $500,000
- Recognizing the crucial role of the NC community college teacher
- Pa. community college leaders make funding case in Harrisburg
- State study finds Blue Ridge Community College to be a high-performer - 84,796 views
- Guest column: Grand Rapids Community College has done a lot to control its costs - 51,051 views
- Hanson ready to lead Louisiana Delta Community College - 37,943 views
- Community college boards lose power, stature as system changes - 34,519 views