President Obama’s proposal of free community college, a theme he elaborated on in Tuesday night’s State of the Union Address, has caught the nation’s imagination at the very least, even if some are saying that it is too visionary to ever be implemented.
When President Barack Obama announced an ambitious new plan to make community college free this past Friday during a speech at Pellissippi State Community College in Knoxville, Tennessee, his remarks drew an enthusiastic applause.0 comments
In the last two years, City College of San Francisco, one of the nation’s largest community colleges, has seen its student enrollment shrink by more than 20 percent, from more than 100,000 students to fewer than 80,000, according to college officials.0 comments
Community colleges are looking at addressing the achievement gaps of the men of color they enroll with broad, data-backed approaches to helping all students succeed and complete their academic programs.0 comments
Alamance County commissioners this morning unanimously approved plans to fund a $15 million training facility at Alamance Community College aimed at helping to close the skills gap between employers and prospective workers.0 comments
25 Jan 2015
After five decades of opening their doors widely to students, North Carolina community colleges have a sharper focus now on getting them out the door with career-enhancing degrees and certificates.
25 Jan 2015
The California Community College Board of Governors decided this week to open up competition for the accreditation of community colleges in California by removing language from their regulations that gave the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges a monopoly.
- College of DuPage trustees OK president’s $750,000-plus buyout deal
- Federal judge rules against Waubonsee Community College in free speech lawsuit
- A lost teen. A caring counselor. A good community college. A successful man.
- Kuster Hosts Community College, Higher Ed Roundtable
- Northampton Community College program to give elite veterans new mission
- State study finds Blue Ridge Community College to be a high-performer - 89,720 views
- Guest column: Grand Rapids Community College has done a lot to control its costs - 51,857 views
- Hanson ready to lead Louisiana Delta Community College - 38,329 views
- Community college boards lose power, stature as system changes - 35,665 views