Community colleges are looking at addressing the achievement gaps of the men of color they enroll with broad, data-backed approaches to helping all students succeed and complete their academic programs.
Alamance County commissioners this morning unanimously approved plans to fund a $15 million training facility at Alamance Community College aimed at helping to close the skills gap between employers and prospective workers.0 comments
In an effort to enhance the Obama administration’s My Brother’s Keeper Initiative, a group of minority male-focused academic research centers issued a joint statement in early June asking the White House to consider intervention programs that have been effective in social science research.0 comments
Kari Frisch is well aware of the fact that online courses suffer from high rates of attrition and are sometimes held in low regard.0 comments
If colleges and universities are going to leave race-based affirmative action cases up to the states during the admission process based on the Supreme Court Decision last Tuesday, then the minorities already enrolled in post-secondary education need services and support to successfully matriculate now more than ever.0 comments
21 Oct 2014
Vincent Vincent has an important job to do as part of a Dothan delegation visiting China on an industrial recruiting trip.
21 Oct 2014
U.S. Sen. John Cornyn and U.S. Rep. Kevin Brady visited Lone Star College-Conroe Center to learn more about the role LSC plays in building a prepared workforce.
- Audit finds Anne Arundel, Carroll community colleges are carrying unrestricted fund deficits
- Initiatives taken for empowering women in community colleges
- Community colleges tackling a big job
- Pasadena City College to Pay Writer $26K for Rescinded Invitation
- Ebola Fear Causes Texas Community College To Reject Nigerian Students
- State study finds Blue Ridge Community College to be a high-performer - 89,578 views
- Guest column: Grand Rapids Community College has done a lot to control its costs - 51,554 views
- Hanson ready to lead Louisiana Delta Community College - 38,253 views
- Community college boards lose power, stature as system changes - 35,523 views