San Diego State Leading Effort to Document Status of Minority Males in Community Colleges11 Jul 2014
In an effort to enhance the Obama administration’s My Brother’s Keeper Initiative, a group of minority male-focused academic research centers issued a joint statement in early June asking the White House to consider intervention programs that have been effective in social science research.
Kari Frisch is well aware of the fact that online courses suffer from high rates of attrition and are sometimes held in low regard.0 comments
If colleges and universities are going to leave race-based affirmative action cases up to the states during the admission process based on the Supreme Court Decision last Tuesday, then the minorities already enrolled in post-secondary education need services and support to successfully matriculate now more than ever.0 comments
Dr. Jerry Sue Thornton, the president emeritus of Cuyahoga Community College, was the third recipient of the Diverse Champions award presented at the American Association of Community Colleges conference taking place this week in Washington, D.C.0 comments
Fundraising — a long-standing activity at four-year institutions — is becoming a necessity, rather than an option, for community colleges struggling to continue the mission. 0 comments
26 Aug 2014
Officials from Vance-Granville Community College offered tips to colleagues from across the state at the inaugural N.C. Community Colleges Performance Partnership Summit held July 31 at Embassy Suites in Cary.
26 Aug 2014
As colleges and universities rev for the fall semester, the stony exploitation of the adjunct faculty continues, providing cheap labor for America’s campuses, from small community colleges to knowledge factories with 40,000 students.
- Center Offers Help To NorthWest Arkansas Community College Faculty
- For-profit colleges shouldn’t blame the Education Department for their poor marks
- Macomb Community College South Campus closed due to power outage
- Troy University and Southern Union State Community College to sign reverse-transfer agreement
- Sierra College: Four-year degree now available
- State study finds Blue Ridge Community College to be a high-performer - 89,082 views
- Guest column: Grand Rapids Community College has done a lot to control its costs - 51,521 views
- Hanson ready to lead Louisiana Delta Community College - 38,221 views
- Community college boards lose power, stature as system changes - 35,392 views