San Diego State Leading Effort to Document Status of Minority Males in Community Colleges11 Jul 2014
In an effort to enhance the Obama administration’s My Brother’s Keeper Initiative, a group of minority male-focused academic research centers issued a joint statement in early June asking the White House to consider intervention programs that have been effective in social science research.
Kari Frisch is well aware of the fact that online courses suffer from high rates of attrition and are sometimes held in low regard.0 comments
If colleges and universities are going to leave race-based affirmative action cases up to the states during the admission process based on the Supreme Court Decision last Tuesday, then the minorities already enrolled in post-secondary education need services and support to successfully matriculate now more than ever.0 comments
Dr. Jerry Sue Thornton, the president emeritus of Cuyahoga Community College, was the third recipient of the Diverse Champions award presented at the American Association of Community Colleges conference taking place this week in Washington, D.C.0 comments
Fundraising — a long-standing activity at four-year institutions — is becoming a necessity, rather than an option, for community colleges struggling to continue the mission. 0 comments
22 Jul 2014
WEYERS CAVE- Blue Ridge Community College recently participated in The Chronicle of Higher Education's 2014 survey of "Great Colleges to Work For." The final results were released today and BRCC was once again recognized as a "Great College to Work For."
22 Jul 2014
Process Technology can be used in myriad industries, including petro-chemicals, pharmaceuticals, power generation, food processing, composites, paper and pulp, waste water management and steel, to some degree.
- Housatonic Community College launches Manufacturing Hall of Fame
- The US Naval Academy & Anne Arundel Community College Join Forces to Teach Arabic
- Hudson Valley Community College president to give input on national system for measuring student progress
- Student-Centered Education for a Diverse 21st Century Population
- Dr. Jim Burnett recalls time at helm of Western Piedmont Community College
- State study finds Blue Ridge Community College to be a high-performer - 88,841 views
- Guest column: Grand Rapids Community College has done a lot to control its costs - 51,415 views
- Hanson ready to lead Louisiana Delta Community College - 38,129 views
- Community college boards lose power, stature as system changes - 35,264 views